Tetschen Castle and the Chain Bridge
Looking south, or upstream the Elbe river, on the left hand are the quays of Tetschen [now: Decin]. On the bluff sits the castle. The rivulet wrapping around the castle is Polzen creek [Ploucnici] coming down from Bensen [Benesov]. On the right, Bodenbach with the train station is not visible, but in the background lies the industrialized suburb of Rosawitz [Rozbelesy]. In 1853-55, Tetschen and Bodenbach were connected by a suspension bridge for pedestrians, called the Empress Elizabeth Bridge. It was commonly known as the ‘Chain Bridge’. It was replaced in 1933 by the modern bridge.
Dec匤 a Podmokly byla na poc疸ku stolet・je嗾e dve samostatn・mesta spojen・retezovm mostem c﨎arovny Al枌ety (dnes Tyr嗽v most).